Monday, July 7, 2014

Do You Know Where Liars Go?

Shout Outs!
Okay guys this computer sucks and doesn't let me type ANYTHING.

First to my Mom. Because she is a rockstar and sends me cards with pictures of high heels on them ahhahaha i love them! I wish she could just see me every time I get one, happily skipping to lunch down the muddy road tripping over every rock in front of me because I'm trying to read and walk at the same time.

I'm also waiting for packages from her…. The Zone leaders showed up last week like..

"Hermana Cedeño! We've been looking for you!"

And I was like "MY PACKAGE GOT HERE!!??"

And they're like "YES!!" and they hand me an envelope. And I'm like..

"my mom said a package was coming.."

And they're like "Esa es su paquete. Esa es. Que Disfrute."  ("That's your package, that's it.  Enjoy it.")

Rude.

Also shout out to Stacie!! Her Birthday is coming up!! She has been a huge support for me during my misión and for years before too. Thanks for everything,  Stace!! I love you!

Also guys.

HUMPDAY IS WEDNESDAY.

Sister missionaries take "pregnant pics" when they hit 9 months on the mission. haha get it? nine months? yeah. anyway... its the halfway mark. and I took a picture with a pregnant tree.


Yes people. I'm half way. Craaazy.

Okay.

So. TUESDAY!!

Tuesday night, we had a huge meeting where Elder Uceda of the Seventy spoke. But I had no idea the meeting would be such a big deal. The whole way there, i was telling Hna. Duran

"Dont worry, I won't know anyone either…"

BUT I KNEW EVERYONE! Haha

I saw the Zone Leaders from Yacuiba and about died asking them how everything was… but then , don't even worry, Hna. Villanueva walks in!! My companion from Yacuiba! And we talked and talked and talked and she sat by me during the whole meeting. Oh how i missed her. And her new companion says..

"Oh, YOU'RE HNA. CEDEÑO! Everyone in Yacuiba is asking about you."

That made me feel really good.

Then… I went to hug an Hermana that I hadn't seen in so long and A WHOLE ROW OF NORTH AMERICAN SISTERS are like …

"HERMANA CEDEÑO!!! HI!!!"

And I'm like… I don't know you… and I'm just trying to keep up with all of them talking like..

"I read your blog!!"
"Hows your hair??"
"I wrote you!!! Do you remember me!! You replied!!"
"Weren't you in Yacuiba?"
"I wanted you to train me!"

And I'm just like… HI GUYS!!! Haha And we took a couple pictures. Cute girls.

The meeting was really great and I learned a lot. The good thing is that all of the leaders of our Ward were there too, so hopefully that helps us all tener ganas a trabajar MAS. (look forward to working MORE.)

As we were running out of the chapel, I hear "NICOLE!!! NICOOOOLE!! NICOLE."

And I'm like… "that's not me anymore…"

But then i turn around and there's Zack Gines, a good friend of mine from back in Utah. I already knew he was in the same misión as me, but i hadn't seen him since I'd arrived.

But after he'd yelled my name and I'd responded to it… about 8 other missionaries just stared at us until Zack realized what he had done.

And then he's like… "uh… I mean.. HERMANA CEDEÑO!"

That's more like it.

It was good to see him, he's a good kid.

The investigator pool is slowly, but surely, growing. We've been looking for "Los Antiguos Investigatores" a lot. (The OLD investigators)

Yesterday, we knocked on a door looking for a lady the Elders had been teaching. About 5 seconds after we'd knocked on the Little wooden gate, a Little boy opened the door and shouts..

"ahorita sale!!"

And we say "Thank you!"

Then a bout about 15 years old comes out with his Little brother and says:

"My moms not here… she just left."

And Hna Duran is like "And when will she be back??"

And he's like.. "uh…."

But then the Little boy says, pointing to the house: "Pero, allí esta! Esta Allí a dentro!" (but she's there, she's inside)

And its quiet for a sec because the poor boy knows he just got caught and then Hna. Duran and I start laughing so hard and I'm like..

"Hermano. Vaya a llamarle a su mama, ya?"  ("Brother, go call your mom, okay?")

And he's like. …. "ya." (okay)

And before we left I told him not to lie to us anymore. He said okay. Haha poor kid.

This was an okay week altogether. We really are finding more investigators and we are working more with the members. The Elders here are working really hard too, so hopefully things start picking up here in La Pampa.

Love you all and thanks for writing me! You guys are the best.

After I gave Hermana Duran a piggy back ride across the river... or ahem... the road.

Yeah, it definitely rains here....



Love,
Hermana Cedeño

No comments:

Post a Comment