Friday, July 4, 2014

LA PAMPA NEEDS INVESTIGATORS



SHOUT OUTS

Okay. This week is my friend MORGAN GARDINERS BIRTHDAY! She has been super close to me alll throughout high school. We went through lots of … crap. But shes seriously a rock star and i know she is just killing it as a missionary in Washington! Happy Birthday, morgs.

Also to Canada. Tomorrow is Canada day if anyone wants to celebrate that…
AND TO MY COUNTRY. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I DIDN'T REALIZE JUST HOW SPECIAL IT IS UNTIL I LEFT IT. AND I MISS IT DEARLY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY. I LOVE YOU. 4 OF JULY.

A few last week that I threw in because I wasn't sure but I read my calendar and I know for sure these are the Birthdays!

Morgan Barfuss. Thanks for being the bestest baby sitter I ever had. Thanks for cleaning my wounds from my motor scooter and for punishing me inhumanly. I love you.

To my cousin Cade Mellies… JELLY BEAN TIME. Happy birthday, bud. Hope all is well!

Also, happy birthday to my Grandma Kathy. She has honestly been one of my biggest supports here on the misión and i don't know where i would be without her in my life. She makes me want to be a better person every day. And its because of her that i practice my spelling everyday. Hahahha love ya, Grandma.

Annndd… to Uncle Roger. You better be at my Homecoming. No excuses. Happy Birthday. I actually pray for you a lot. I hope life is treating you well. Saludos a Jennifer!

Okay, not much time left here.

My área… is very different.

So much… dirt. There's about 3  paved streets in my área and then a highway that separate us from the Santa Cruz North Mission. But we cross the highway every day to get off the bus… whew. I'm always on … LIMITS. Limit with missions… with counties… I kinda like it.

The people here are definitely different. In all of my other áreas, the people were nice and open. Here… not so much. We get lots of shouts from cars and wáter thrown at us from Windows, creepy cat calls from old men. It's not so “friendly-Bolivia” anymore.. But i don't feel unsafe. I love the members here, they are so loving towards us and so willing to help us with anything we might need.

Ive already learned to learned to love the Ward. But the investigators… well. There aren't really any to love yet haha

The other day.. we were walking and i was thinking…. WE NEED TO FIND NEW INVESTIGATORS TO TEACH. So there was a woman walking towards us with a Little boy and i whispered to Hermana Duran..

“yeah, we are gonna talk to her, okay? We need to find new investigators. You do it.”

And she looks at me and smiles and says “okay…. I'll talk to her.”
Next thing you know… Hermana Durans like..

“HOLA HERMANA COMO ESTA???” (Hola Sister, How are you?")

And I'm like.. “ya le conoce??” ("You know her?")

And shes like “yeah, shes the Relief Society President” and she's like laughing so hard.

Look, I tried.

We live with a really great family. But I hate the dogs. The other night they were barking sooo much. And i finally just got up, filled a bucket with wáter.. and drenched them.

Hermana Duran was like…

“.. okay then.”

It had to be done. They haven't barked since.

The rain here is crazy.. just a side note haha

The área is absolutely gigantic, but at the same time, we are hardly teaching anyone. This week, hermana Duran and I have goals to be super obedient. This past week we struggled a Little bit with obedience, and our numbers were really low. We made a goal last night to be completely, 100% obedient this transfer so that we can be worthy to receive the blessings that Heavenly Father has prepared for us, and so that we can be worthy to teach the people that God has prepared to receive the Gospel.

I read a quote this morning during my personal study. Its by Elder Bruce C. Hafen..

“If we must give ALL that we have, then our giving only ALMOST everything is not enough. If we ALMOST keep the commandments, we ALMOST receive the blessings”

This made me want to be obedient with EXACTNESS so that I don't just ALMOST receive the blessings of God… but that they come to me easily and freely. I know that by being obedient to the rules and the commandments, I'm more free.
Out of time. But i love you all! Thanks for writing me!!

Love,

Hermana Cedeño

No comments:

Post a Comment