Monday, June 2, 2014

Truckin´ Along...



Crap guys. My letters are getting boring... I'll do better next week.

Shoutouts!

Are you kidding?

I just got my package from the Achievement Day girls!!! I haven't opened it yet, but I’m so excited. Thank you guys so much, I can't even tell you how much that means to me :-)

Also. We had some birthdays yesterday.

First, Jessica Merrill. Happy Birthday to my Drill Coach at Layton High. Shoot, girl. Nobody here sticks their finger in my hair when we take pictures. I miss laughing with you at all my "Curly Hair Problems". 
Seriously the best. I love you dearly. Tell your new team that Nicole says "LB".

And Elder Nigil Bailey because his birthday was ALSO yesterday. And He was my BFF when I started this whole thing. The poor kid has been in the same area since he started his mission. That's rough. Bailey… I'll pray for ya.

Okay.

So this week wasn't TOO exciting. We played fútbol last Monday and it was a blast. My zone is great, I love it. But after, Hermana Villanueva and I were walking around doing our shopping for the week... and I went down.
About.. 2 years ago, I think it was.. I hurt my ankle in dance. And it just happens over and over and over.. and it happened again. UGH!!






I just twisted it, and we hobbled to the house.. and we were in the clinic. Luckily, I didn’t hurt it as bad as I have in the past. So we just got a wrap on it, I received a couple of shots, and I was in the house until Thursday. 

Rough.

But Thursday, we started working super hard. We had to visit all of the people that we didn’t get to during our time in the house. It was great, and we got a lot done.

Tomorrow, my companion hits 11 months in the mission. And this morning I was thinking… "WOW. I'm never gonna have 11 freaking months."

But actually… I'm going to have 8 months next Monday. I can't believe I haven't stepped on American Ground in almost 8 months! Time seriously does fly. I can't believe how much I've changed and how much I've learned in just 8 short months.

I've really grown to love this gospel with all of my heart. Hermana Villanueva and I are teaching a lot of Return Missionaries. And sometimes that confuses me so much, because I picture them in their white shirts.. with their name tags.. and I just don’t understand how, after having an experience like this, you could lose yourself.

But there is opposition in all things. The adversary is always there. So I've made a promise to myself that I will never leave my faith. I'll never fall short of what God wants me to be. Because I've not only seen the difference between "having the gospel" and "not having the gospel" on my mission, but I've experienced it in my own life.

Amo este Evangelio con todo lo que tengo. Nunca pensé que mi misión me iba a cambiar asi. He aprendido muchísimo, y no puedo imaginar vivir sin este experiencia. Estoy muy agradecida por todo lo que he aprendido y también todas las personas que he conocido aquí en Bolivia. Bolivia siempre tendrá un lugar bien especial en mi corazón. Ni sé como expresar todo lo que quisiera expresar. Pero, amo la misión. Amo este Evangelio. Estoy muy agradecida por todo lo que me ha dado Padre Celestial. Sé que Él nos ama y que nos cuida. Sé que si pongamos nuestra voluntad en línea con lo de Él, vamos a poder seguir adelante.

(Translation)
(I love this gospel with all I have. I never thought my mission was going to change me so much. I've learned a lot, and I can not imagine living without this experience. I am grateful for everything I've learned and all the people I've met here in Bolivia. Bolivia will always have a very special place in my heart. I don't know how to express what I want to say. But I love the mission. I love this gospel. I am very grateful for all that Heavenly Father has given me. I know that He loves us and cares for us. I know that if we put our will in line with His, we will be able to move forward.)

 The cute family our ward helped plan their wedding got baptized. 
 It was a beautiful baptism.
 We are so happy for this family.

Love you all so much :-)

-Hermana Cedeño

By the way,I blew dried my hair yesterday and burnt it. So it literally fell into dust. that sounds way stupid.. but in church, i touched a curl and it literally just fell apart... like.. dust. it was crazy.  It also smells like a campfire...

No comments:

Post a Comment