Sunday, December 28, 2014

Way to be specific, Cedeno...



So…. As you all already know.. we had EMERGENCY TRANSFERS last week. And the thing is that Heavenly Father really does know what He's doing. Because Hermana Briviesca and I really did need help from these two amazing sisters.

This week was a little slower, but it's okay, I know this week of Christmas is going to bring miracles :)

Being with Hermana Adams has really been so awesome. I've learned a lot from her already. I absolutely love the way that she teaches the people here and I know that the Lord brought her to us in this area for a reason. That is.. when she can come work with me. I've felt a little "cargada" ("overloaded") because I'm the only one that feels healthy! So Hermana Briviesca and Hermana Adams will stay in and then later we will switch and Hna. Nielson and Adams will stay in. And I'm totally fine with that, but it just made me so TIRED and worn out this week physically and spiritually I feel like I have the weight of both areas on my shoulders if that makes sense.. because I'm the one that knows the both areas mas o menos. (more or less)

Which is fine, I love helping the both areas, but I felt like our numbers went way down and so did my animos (emotions). And I feel so bad for the other girls being sick, so I really want to be a blessing and help them.

I'm still super trying to be the Healthiest missionary in the mission… but EVERYONE has given up on me. Neither Briviesca, or Nielson OR Adams want to get up with me and run in the mornings.. or even sit on the bench and WATCH me run….

So I'm stuck doing indoor lame exercises. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

We are still teaching Amazing Veronica and she is really progressing. To the point where she looked at us yesterday and was like.. "i think I've made a decisión.. and I want to be baptized."
And I was just like.. woah. I love it when people just GET TESTIMONIES. It's the most beautiful thing in the world. She will be traveling this next month, so she put herself a goal to be baptized on the 24th of January. She is so excited and I know she will make it.

GUYS. I AM SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

Well..I'm excited to see my fam. Haha Christmas here is just another day. Nobody does anything special, but it's okay. I don't mind. We are going to have a fun Christmas lunch with our pensionista and her family.

We are going to La Familia Sandoval to Skype our families, and they are amazing. I'm excited.. guys. I'M SO FREAKIN' EXCITED.

Okay. Enough of that.

Hermana Adams and I were looking FOREVER for a place to Skype. Yesterday, we're sitting in Ward Counsel, and I'm scanning the room thinking of who would have Skype out of all of the people there and I turn and whisper to Hermana Adams:

"Hey, you see this guy in the tie…?"

And she just starts laughing so hard she can't breathe and I'm like… "oh yeah. Everyone in the room is wearing a dang tie"

Way to be specific, Cedeño.

I've been really trying to have effective studies this week because that's how I start every morning and I want to start every morning on a good foot.

Something that I read this morning that I really loved was the story in Ether about the Brother of Jared. That when he asked The Lord what he should do for light, the Lord asked the Brother of Jared what HE wanted him to do to give him light.

And that made me realize that, wow, sometimes the Lord really does just want us to PICK.

He doesn't want to have to whisper in our ear every step we should take and every move we should make and so on. He called us, me, specifically to serve in this specific area and He wants me to use my OWN ideas and He will make my ideas work for the benefit of my area, according to my faith. 

Because I'm sure everyone was thinking the Brother of Jared was crazy when he brought down from the mountain ROCKS to light up the boats... but the Lord made his idea work. Because Jared had so much faith that The Lord would help him. And that's exactly what happened. 

I want to be more like that. I want to make sure that I'm being guided, but that I'm also putting forth my best effort and my own ideas here in this area. If the Lord was going to do everything by himself than He wouldn't have called me to serve. But He needs me and He needs my companion here. 

I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS
And remember… there's a sister serving in Bolivia that loves you a whole lot.

Love, Hermana Cedeño

 Hermana Adams had Physical Therapy this week!  Hahahahaha!
 She hurt her neck..... :-)



I'm not really sure what "niple" is in Spanish... but they have a center of ém here in Bolivia. ;-)


 Look who joined me for breakfast.... Yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment