Tuesday, August 12, 2014

20 anos..... I'm an oldie...



GUYS.



This week was just chuck full of ups and downs.



SHOUTOUT TO MY FAMILY FOR THE SICKEST PACKAGE EVER.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!  AH. THANK YOU.



Shoutout to Hermana Jojola because I just love her with all my heart, might, mind and strength.

 I love Hermana Jojola

 Hermana Jojola laughs way hard at my ugly pillow.  Que va a hacer.



And shoutouts to all of you who wrote me for my birthday!! You guys are the best!! I had an awesome birthday here yesterday, people really went out of their way to love me and make the day super special.

 They bought me a birthday cake.
 I stuck with Latino tradition and the first bite goes like this.
 A little clean up after tradition.


Some cute girls from the young single adults invited me over on my birthday and taught us how to make Frito! so fun!!! I had the best birthday!



 A girl we are teaching.  Alejandria, she is getting baptized on Saturday!
Yoana and Romina celebrated my birthday with me.



These girls surprised me with the cutest birthday card! and also Ignasio... he is our ward mission leader and he's leaving this October to serve. They're the best!



On Tuesday, we had an activity with the Ward and it was so fun!! All of our investigators showed up and the Ward had so much fun. I just sat and watched everyone dance and laugh and just wished that I could stay here forever… I just love Latinos. Ain't no way Ward activities like that are happening when I get back to the states. It was great.



At the activity.... it WAS just a picture of me and hna jojola... but all the guys went crazy and jumped in. They're the best haha




 On Thursday, We got NEW RULES…



The Hermanas and Elders are now…. Strangers. We don't call the Elders, we don't see the elders… we do nothing with the Elders. To the point that today is Pday, and all the Elders are going to play soccer… and us sisters can't go. Rough.



Yesterday I was complaining about the new rules and Hna Jojola says..



"lets not murmur.."



Me: "I'm lamen and you're lemuel"



Her: "No!"



Her: "No, Laman was way bad!"



Me:"Okay. I'm Lemuel. And you're Nephi."



Her: "… Lemuel was bad too.."



Me: "OKAY HERMANA JOJOLA, I'M SAM."



Her: "…"



Me: "…"



Her: "Fine. You're Sam."



I'll be Nephi next week, I just need to adjust to the new restrictions.



So the end of the week…I was feeling  SO SICK. And I haven't been sick in months, so i was so confused….



But Hermana Jojola knew that I wasn't feeling good… and I walk into our room and she is on her knees and I'm like…



"…. Are you praying?" and she's like…



"YES BECAUSE YOU'RE SICK AND I PRAYED IN ENGLISH BECAUSE I WANTED IT TO BE VERY. CLEAR."



She is so cool.

I love all of my emails from you guys!! Sometimes everyone back home just tells me what "an inspiration" I am, when I'm over here like.. basically a nun. hahaha



And I'm STILL trying to perfect my Spanish. It's killing me. But I'm getting better every day. I think I'm mostly scared of getting home and my dad correcting me every sentence. Which i guess is okay, because I correct his English about every sentence too. hahha



We are just having a ball here on the mission, she and I. I've already learned so much from her and we are teaching so many people. We are really trying to fulfill our PURPOSE as missionaries and invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ and be baptized. I'm so grateful for her, she has already helped me so much and taught me so much and she only has 4 months on the mission. It's great. I love laughing.

Okay... I gotta wrap this up. Thanks so much for writing me, you all rock, seriously. I'll be home before ya know it…. Sob…



MUAH!



Also… family. Thanks for celebrating my birthday haha love you!! 20 years old (ughhhhghh)



 My backpack was dying.... 




 Uh-Uh I don't think so.  I asked the zapateria to fix it.  Nice Guy :-).

I love it here! We are having a ball! I love you mom!! Thanks for celebrating my birthday!!


Love,



Hermana CedeƱo

No comments:

Post a Comment