Friday, October 11, 2013

short, sweet and to the point...



I can't believe I am actually typing an email from the MTC right now. I cant BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!!! I've only been here 2 days and I am so happy. I really am, I absolutely love it here. Being a missionary es sooo much fun. I can't believe how much I've learned the last 48 hours.

It was SUCH a fast goodbye leaving mi familia, but so bitter-sweet. I was walking into the MTC like.. SO BLIND. I had no idea what was happening, it was crazy. The Hermana and Hermano that helped me out were THE BEST. I love them. The Hermana sent me into a building to get my GIANT BAG OF ESPANOL LIBROS and I'm walking down the hall and LO AND BEHOLD one of my bestest friend in the WHOLE world Hermana Ashlee Hatch yells my name from behind me. With my emotions right on the surface after leaving mi familia, I teared up soo hard. Best hug I got that day. It was so nice to know she was there with me!




Along with knowing she was there with me... I came to the quick realization that there were A LOT of missionarios in the same boat as me. 601 missionaries showed up on the 9th, the same day as me, from AROUND THE WORLD. From everywhere! It was crazy! People from China, from Tonga, from Australia, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, California, East Coast, Texas, Canada, Figi, Hawaii, EVERYWHERE. Accents I've never heard before, they talk to me and I'm like.. "...come again?". I LOVE IT. 

We rushed into everything. It was straight to class after arriving. I met my District, and though I didn't know them my first day, we reaaally clicked yesterday. I have loved getting to know them, and I love that I get to spend SO much time with them. You learn to love your District super fast. Last night we had a testimony meeting, and if that doesn't make everyone in the room BFFs... I dunno what does. The Gospel fixes everything


After the Testimony meeting last night, I was made "senior companion".. which doesn't really mean anything, it's just practice with responsibilities we will have while being the Senior companera in the mission field. Honestly, I'm the one always losing things, forgetting things, asking the time, "when is lunch?" "when is dinner?" "where's the vending machine?" 

Me and mi companera, Hermana Davenport, are SO different! We say things different, we talk different, we think different things are funny and different things aren't. But she has SUCH a strong testimony of the Gospel, and that is something we definitely have in common :) 


Not a long email.. not a short one either. But I've only been here for a bit. I love it. I. Am. Happy. I can FEEL that this is where I am supposed to be. I can't wait to serve. I still can't believe I'm doing this, but I can't believe I ever thought I wouldn't.

Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero y que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Redentor y Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. Este conocimiento ayuda me vivir feliz y superar desafios. 

Hasta Luego!
Hermana Cedeno

No comments:

Post a Comment