Monday, December 16, 2013

when it rains, it pours



Oh the weather outside is frightful... and my bed is a lot more comfortable than usual... but we´ve got places to go...  



SO PLEASE STOP RAINING FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES SERIOUSLY WE´LL DROWN.



Shoutouts tooo... Tiffy Delacruz, Lexie Arancibia and Josh Jensen. Happy Birthday!!



I will mark a new Holiday the day the ATLANTIC OCEAN stops falling from the sky. It is absolutely ridiculous how much its been raining! 



This week was HARD. It was a rough week for me. I felt like when we started the day with just 1 disappointment, the rest of the day completely collapsed. And that happened.. every day. But, like i said.. WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS



On Tuesday I started feeling SO sick after lunch. It got to the point where we had to call and head to the clinic. While I was there, Hermana Blanco made them check out my blistered feet too. 



Lets just say, I left with about 4 prescriptions. Also, Sheldon (my toilet) and I have become very close this week. We're like.. friends now.



We are always trying to find THE SAME PEOPLE. Why isn't anyone ever home?? Like.. where are they? We've been trying to find a woman named Paula. But every time we go to her house, an old woman talks to us through the closed door and its this conversation-



Us: ´´Se encuentra Paula?´´



Woman: ´´Paula?´´



Us: ´´Si´´



Woman: ´´Paulita?´´



Us: ´´Si´´



Woman: ´´Ella no esta!´´



Us: ´´Okay, muchisimos gracias´´



Woman: ´´ELLA NO ESTA!´´



Us: ´´Okay.. gracias.´´



Woman: ´´NO ESTA!!´´



OKAY WE GET IT SHE´S NOT HOME




 I know you can't see this, but it is raining so hard...

Oh by the way... I taught a horse the Restoration...  Spread the Gospel  :-)


Friday we had our Christmas Conference that my zone and I have been practicing for ALL WEEK. My zone makes fun of me SOOO hard core because I hate singing. Its.. hard. Not my thing. But it was so awesome to see the other missionaries at the Christmas Conference and to have some time with the Mission President and his Wife. Also... the food rocked.



We had a district meeting on Thursday.. and I had a hard time. I kept misunderstanding questions, I kept being misunderstood. I couldn't get my points across with any conversation. Learning a new language.. is the hardest thing ever. And its especially hard when I can't say what I want to say, I can't tell personal experiences, I can't be myself. I get frustrated with myself!




ME, HERMANA BLANCO Y ANDREA

Andrea always comes with us to teach, she is leaving for a mission to Honduras in January.  




 Me and Hermana Blanco.  We were frustrated that day...





Last night.. was a night. It was pouring rain while we were walking home. And I was crying so hard. Hermana Blanco just let me get it out - SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO CRY. And I actually feel a lot better. I just need to remember that the Spanish.. isn't going to come in 3 weeks. Its just NOT.




 I wish you could see how freakin' hard it is raining in these pictures!


Being patient with everything that's happening here seems so impossible sometimes. Some days, yesterday being one of them, I just want to GO HOME. I just want to sit in my living room and eat popcorn with my family. ON CARPET. ON A FLOOR WITH CARPET. 



But then.. if I really had the chance to go home.. THERE'S NO WAY. These people are way too important to me. This work is way too important to me. This is the time to give back just a little of everything I owe to my Heavenly Father.



This week.. Yeah. It was hard. When one trial rolls around, sometimes it feels like it will NEVER END. But the truth is.. 



God never gives us trials we cant get through. And God NEVER sends a trial without promising us A SHOWER OF BLESSINGS in return. 



And you know what they say... When it Rains, It Pours :)



Love,



Hermana CedeƱo

(expecting that thunder storm of blessings next week.)

 Me and Andrea!  I don't know what I'd do without her!
 I loooooove drinking the juice out of these bags!  My favorite!


This is the view from our house. The mountains behind me are Mountains in ARGENTINA. we are RIGHT ON THE BORDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment